Meal Prep Diaries: Spaghetti squash veggie bowls

by - 11:00 am


Hi, friends! Happy Wednesday! This week I chose to make spaghetti squash veggie bowls for my weekly meal prep. This is a really light, fibre-dense meal; not a lot of ingredients, just some veggies and a bit of cheese. I added cheese to this because I am honestly, truly addicted to cheese. I will probably put cheese in almost every meal. If you choose to leave the cheese out, this meal will become vegan as well as much lower in fat! 

 


The first thing I did was roast some spaghetti squash, check out how I did it in my previous post right here. While I waited for the squash to roast, I did all of my other prep to maximize the productivity of my time. Spaghetti squash is so great, it's a good low-carb and high fiber alternative to pasta and it's just as versatile with a similar texture!


Once my squash was all finished and ready to work with, I started cooking up the rest of my veggies. First I sautéed some garlic in olive oil until it was fragrant and then I added a small bunch of purple kale. I sauteed until it started to wilt and then I added the rest of my veggies that I had prepped earlier. 


After I added all the vegetables to the pan, I continued to sautée. Once it was all combined and started to cook down a little further I added in the spaghetti squash! I continued to sautée that up real good and I added some spices. I completely forgot to measure the spices out to include in this blog but I usually just eyeball my cooking, especially the spices. I just kinda do what feels right. I added garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne, and cumin. I've been cooking for so long that unless I'm purposefully following a recipe then I usually just wing it and do my own thing. 


The finished product is pretty tasty if I do say so myself. As you can see, this meal is fairly simple with minimal prep! The most time-consuming part of prepping this meal was waiting for the squash to roast in the oven. This is about 4 portions for me. If I make this again I would definitely add in another bell pepper. I do like to cook extravagant and complex meals once in a while but I definitely appreciate simple and more minimal meals that also taste good. I love me a veggie bowl :)

Ingredients
- 1 spaghetti squash, cooked (how to: http://bit.ly/2kql3dC)
- 1 small bunch of purple kale, washed and chopped 
1 cup of corn kernels
- 1 cup of black beans, rinsed and drained 
- 1 bell pepper, chopped 
- 100 g of shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 large clove of garlic, minced
- Olive oil (or whatever cooking out you like)
- Salt & pepper to taste 
- Garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne powder, cayenne (sorry, I forgot to measure them!)

Directions
- Sautée minced garlic in olive oil (or any other cooking oil you like to use).
- Add in kale, sautée.
- Add corn, black beans, and bell pepper. Continue to sautée.
- Add roasted and shredded spaghetti squash, sautée.
- Add seasoning, stir to combine. 
- Add cheese, stir until melted and combined.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe to my Channel